4 Days from Marrakech To Erg Chigaga Desert Tour
Marrakech – Ait Ben Haddou – Ouarzazate – Agdz – Draa Valley – Zagora Desert
trip will begin with an early pick-up from your accommodation in Marrakech, at around 7 a.m. The journey will take you over the High Atlas Mountains, where we will cross the highest pass in Morocco, Tizi N’Tichka (2260 m in altitude).After We take the old caravan route to Telouet (visit the Kasbah Glaoui) then the course of the beautiful valley of Ounila, in the foothills of the mountains, Arrival at ksar of Ait ben Haddou, After We take the old caravan route to Telouet (visit the Kasbah Glaoui) then the course of the beautiful valley of Ounila, in the foothills of the mountains, Arrival at ksar of Ait ben Haddou, located on the slopes of a hill next to the Ounila River (Asif Ounila). The village’s buildings are grouped together within a defensive wall that includes corner towers and a gate. They include dwellings of various sizes ranging from modest houses to tall structures with towers.
Zagora – Tamegroute – M’hamid – Erg Chigaga
After breakfast we drive across the Sahara over the stony desert and the dried-up Lake In Iriki national park, Created in 1994, Iriqui National Park was established to protect the biodiversity, flora, and fauna across 123,000 hectares of south-eastern Morocco, and in particular, to preserve the temporary wetlands of Lake Iriqui, at the heart of the desert. We continue our trip to M’hamid, a small oasis town placed in southern Morocco. The
town, with 7500 inhabitants, has cafes, hotels, restaurants, and several quirky shops where you can buy refreshments, top-up on your toiletries, and even find a Sahara souvenir! The ancient quarter, Ghizlan kasbah, is also nearby. After lunch, we drive to Erg Chigaga dunes to spend the night in the desert camp with Berber music.
Erg Chigaga – Iriqui Lake – Foum Zguid – Taznakht – Ait Ben Haddou
In the morning we recommend you wake up early so you can watch the sunrise while riding the camels, you will have breakfast and depart to your destination by passing through the largest dry lake in Morocco, Iriqui, which is also an old Dakar track that takes you to Foum Zguid. A stop for lunch is scheduled in a Berber village, Taznakht, where you will have the opportunity to discover how Moroccan carpets are manufactured. The night will be spent in the UNESCO World Heritage site Ksar Ait Ben Haddou, which is the location of numerous Hollywood successful movies (Gladiator, Prince of Persia, Game of Thrones, Cleopatra, etc.).
Ait Ben Haddou – Telouet – Marrakech
After visiting the Kasbah of Ait Ben Haddou, you will head north towards another interesting old Kasbah (Kasbah Talouet) in the Atlas Mountains. You will stop to visit the old Kasbah and then drive across the Atlas Mountains and back to Marrakech.
- Drive across the High Atlas Mountains and Tizi N’Tichka pass
- Visit UNESCO World Heritage site Kasbah Ait Ben Haddou
- Camel trek over Erg Chigaga Dunes
- Spend the night in a Berber camp
- Visit a Quranic library with more than 4000 ancient manuscripts
- Drive across an old Dakar track
- Find out how Moroccan carpets are made
- Pick-up from the airport or other means of travel to Marrakech upon arrival and transfer to your hotel/riad;
- Private car with A/C, fuel, travel taxes and tolls as per itinerary;
- Professional driver;
- Pick-up from your accommodation in Marrakech;
- Breakfast and dinner during the entire tour;
- Overnight accommodation during the entire tour;
- Camel trek in the Sahara and local Berber guides;
- Evening meal and entertainment at the desert camp;
- Accommodation for 1 night in Nomadic tents located in the desert area of M’hamid;
- Different stops along the way to see important tourist attractions;
- Transfer back to your accommodation in Marrakech.
- Flights or other means of travel to and from Morocco;
- Extra transfers;
- Lunches, snacks and drinks, unless specified;
- Personal expenses and souvenirs;
- Personal travel and health insurance;
- Entrance fees to museums, monuments and other tourist attractions;
- Any other items or services not specified as included.
- 4 Days from Marrakech To Erg Chigaga Desert Tour